Are you stressed as we approach the end of the school year? I know this time gets pretty crazy at my house! If it is a stressful time for you, it’s time to find simple ways to decrease stress.
Stress comes in all forms and is an unavoidable part of life. Ideally the best thing would be to eliminate as much as you can, but when stubborn stress keeps sticking around, there certainly are ways to cope with it. Check these out and pick several that seem doable to implement into your day to day life.
Tips to Decrease Stress:
- Breathe deeply!- An instant stress relief!
- Let go of things you can’t control
- Read The Bible
- Live your life by the Serenity Prayer- God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
- Stay active and exercise
- Keep your mind focused on the present and just do the task at hand
- Practice a relaxation technique and do it regularly
- Find someone to talk to
- Laugh with friends
- Prioritize and do the most important things first
- Limit your use of alcohol and/or things that alter your mood
- Learn to say “No” and don’t feel guilty when you do!
- Eliminate unnecessary commitments
- Delegate responsibility
- Spend time with positive people
- Accept your imperfections
- Accept others imperfections
- Don’t put unrealistic demands on your time
- Get plenty of rest
- Don’t procrastinate
- Allow time to play
- Write things down to free the clutter in your mind
- Smile often
- Take breaks
- Eat 3 meals a day and 2 small healthy snacks
- Drink enough water
- Do something each day just for you – even just for 5 minutes
- Acknowledge your limitations
- Set small goals for yourself each day
- Be optimistic
- Visualize accomplishing your goals
- Practice grace
- Light candles
- Listen to soothing music
Some of these will take a little planning, but many are easy to do at a moments notice. If it’s a crazy time for you, it’s time to decrease stress making several of these part of your weekly routine!